Production Guide Menu
Press Screeners For Magnolia
In order to make our series seamlessly available for the PR team, we ask that all production companies deliver a screener file for our google drive alongside the master.
- Only submit press screeners after masters have passed Discovery’s tech evaluation
- For the best results, send H.264 encoded mp4 files up to 720p resolution and up to 4 Mbps variable bitrate.
- File names must have a supported extension: .aaf, .avb, .avi, .divx, .f4v, .flv, .mts, .m2t, .m4v, .mkv, .mov, .mp4,.mpeg, .mpg, .mxf, .webm, .wmv
- File names can contain only supported characters–which are letters, numbers, single spaces, dashes and underscores. The browser uploader will automatically check for a valid extension and filename before upload.
- Video and audio files must have at least 1 channel of audio. Any audio channels beyond the second will be mixed down to 2 channels; having zero audio channels or more than 8 channels within a single audio stream will not generate a preview.
- Anamorphic videos will not be un-squeezed, and will need to be converted to 1:1 square pixels PAR before upload.
- Content must be uploaded as individual files.
- Ensure that all episode files have no slates, color bars, countdowns, etc.
- Please use the following naming convention: Series Title_epXXX_PressScreener_M.D.YY