Thank you for your interest in Food Network!
As the leading provider of food content, we are always eager to receive proposals in the food space, however you must be an established production company or producer in order to have your submission reviewed.
Additionally, all proposals must be submitted via the ESubmissions process – even if you have previously discussed your project with a network executive. If you have previously discussed your proposal with a network executive, please include their name in the COMMENTS section. Furthermore, we will NOT accept physical tapes or proposals mailed to our offices.
Lastly, if there is interest in your project, we will contact you for more information – allow at least eight weeks for a response.
Please see below for our Programming Categories, Evaluation Criteria, and Required Materials under our Guidelines.
- Competition Formats
- Non-competition Formats
- Submission should be well suited for our 25-54 (primarily female) audience that enjoys food entertainment
- Program needs to be targeted for prime time (8pm-11pm)
- Talent is expected to be credible within the food landscape, memorable, and unique to our air
- Current programming and scheduling needs (such as culturally relevant, unexpected, family friendly, etc.)
- Production team’s credentials and background
- Ability to follow programming categories, criteria, and required materials
For Talent Proposals, you must submit a one page write up of:
· The talent name and a brief biography
· Where they are located
· They’re relation or credentials to food and what they hope to do or achieve on air
· A link to a video of the talent that showcases who they are and their food point of view
· Show formats for the talent are optional (see show format guidelines below)
For Show Format Proposals, you must submit a one- or two-page treatment that clearly states:
· The synopsis of what the show is and how it is distinctive from currently or previously aired FN shows (what is the hook?)
· Estimated length of show (half hour/hour)
· The act breakdown
· Possible challenge and/or episodic theme examples.
· Estimated budget for the project
We look forward to your submission!