Thank you for your interest in Investigation Discovery.
Investigation Discovery (ID) is the leading mystery-and-suspense network on television. Currently in 85 million homes, ID’s captivating series, in-depth specials and thought-provoking documentaries are ‘always revealing’, informing viewers on important issues shaping our culture and society, and challenge our understanding of the human condition. For more information, please visitinvestigationdiscovery.com, facebook.com/InvestigationDiscovery, or Twitter.com/DISCOVERYID . Investigation Discovery is part of Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), the world’s #1 pay-tv programmer reaching nearly 3 billion cumulative subscribers in 220 countries and territories.
If you are a producer who would like to submit a program proposal to ID, you will find all the information you need here online. Please read our Submissions Guidelines that provide an overview of programs appropriate to the Network.
All proposals must be submitted via the ESubmissions process; we will not accept proposals mailed to our offices. Proposals will be reviewed in the order in which they are received. If we have initial interest in your project, we will contact you for more information. If we decide to pass on your submission, you will receive notification via email. Please allow at least eight weeks for a response. Please note: All tapes will be discarded – do NOT send originals.
Please see our “Guidelines” page for more information.
We are currently accepting acquisition submissions of single hours (60 minute) or series (30 or 60 minute) in all areas of true crime programming. For more information on our current schedules and programming, please visit our website. Acquisitions should not be submitted through this website, see “Guidelines.”
Programming should be targeted to our current audience, which is approximately 65% female, ages 25-54.
Please first review our programming needs on our network home page of ESubmissions as well as on our website to determine if your idea is appropriate.
All proposals must be submitted via the ESubmissions process; we will not accept proposals mailed to our offices. Proposals will be reviewed in the order in which they are received. If we have initial interest in your project, we will contact you for more information. If we decide to pass on your submission, you will receive notification via email. Please allow at least eight weeks for a response.
Please note: All tapes will be discarded – do NOT send originals.
Please follow these guidelines when submitting an idea to us:
- Please do not put your title in “quotes.”
- Your Full Project Description should provide us with your idea as well as how you intend to approach the subject (style and execution).
- Please indicate the number of episodes you intend to produce, as well as the length of each episode.
- Your estimated budget should be a per episode estimate – this field is required. Detailed budgets will be requested if needed.
- You must indicate whether you are requesting a commission, a co-production, or another type of deal. Please further address any deal issues in the comments section. If you are requesting a co-production, please indicate your partners in the comments section.
- Please provide us with a rough production timeline for completion of the project. Do not include specific dates; rather, we would prefer to see how many weeks you would expect to spend on each stage of the project.
- Address any additional issues in the comments section.
- If you have not worked with Discovery Networks before, please send us a VHS copy of a long-form documentary project you’ve produced – not a demo reel. VHS tapes only (no materials), clearly marked with your submission ID, can be sent to ID Submissions, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910-3354.
For more information, please see our “Frequently Asked Questions” (FAQ). Please note: do not submit your idea to more than one Discovery Network – it will be discarded. None of our channels review programs already under consideration by another. If one channel passes on your idea, you may then resubmit to another network.
Acquisitions should not be submitted through this website, see instructions below.
If you would like us to review a finished program, you may submit the tape to our acquisition review process. We only accept completed commercial length 30-minute or 60-minute programs for review. All rough cuts and programs shorter than 30 minutes will be discarded. Should we express initial interest in your project, you will be contacted for additional information. If we pass on your submission, you will be notified via email. Allow 8-12 weeks for notification of any sort. Please note that tapes will not be returned.
Please send completed tapes for acquisition consideration to:
One Discovery Place
Please include with your tape a brief description of the program, your contact information (including email address), and where the program has aired before (worldwide). If this information is not included, your submission may be discarded.